The CDBKA has two extractors and a heather press which can be borrowed by the members at a nominal fee.
Extractor south side contact Mary Montaut ph 012860497
Extractor north side contact ..(Details to Follow)………
Heather press contact Rose Breslin ph:0872865536, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to treat the extractor
- DO take particular care of the tap as it’s delicate.
- DO sterilize the extractor before you begin your honey extraction. Cold water and Milton are recommended for this.
- DO start turning the handle slowly and allow the speed to build up gradually as this will avoid breaking the comb.
- DO flush the machine with lots of COLD water when finished.
- DO return the extractor in the condition you would like to find it.
- DON’T over-tighten the tap as this will strip the thread and that will make the entire machine irreparable!
- DON’T put hot or warm water or any other cleaning fluid into the extractor.